Save money by insulating properly and reducing heat-up times:
During the heat-up period, as the floor reaches its set temperature, the heater is running at full power. After this period, the heater needs to run at only half-power to maintain the set temperature. Simply put, the faster the floor heats-up, the cheaper the system is to run.
By properly insulating your floor with Warmup® Insulation Board, you can reduce the heat-up period significantly thereby reducing running costs by as much as 50%.
Accuracy of running costs:
Warmup tested its heaters, running under normal operating conditions, in a special room built to EN442-2 specifications. The data collected from this extensive testing allows to state with certainty, exactly what our operating costs are.
Please note that these tests were performed using Warmup® heaters and that this data is accurate for Warmup® heaters only.
Assumptions and variables:
To calculate accurate running costs, we have made the following reasonable assumptions:
1. Installation is in a house built to current Part L regulations
2. Heaters used: 150W/m² mats, under 8-10mm ceramic tile on 10mm Warmup® Insulation Board
3. The temperature difference between "on" and "standby" is 5°C (eg. 16°C when on "standby", 21°C when "on")
4. The floor coverage is consistent to property size (eg. 5m² of heating for a 5m² room)
5. The heat-up time is included within the hours ON
6. The heating is controlled by Warmup® XSTAT
7. Price per kWh is 8p (average UK electricity price at time of printing)
You have a choice of two different types of thermostat they are:
Programmable (Tempo) available in white or Black
Key features of the new Tempo
tempo™ is a digital programmable thermostat featuring a modern design and intuitive interface. Suitable for all Warmup electric underfloor heating systems, it allows you to program start and end heating times to reach your comfort temperature in a few simple steps. tempo™ can operate on a weekly, 5-2 day or daily basis to match with your needs and requirements.
Better easy-to-use interface & intuitive design
- Stylish and contemporary design
- Clear screen displaying program details, room temperature and current time
- Easy control with dial and sliders
Faster setup takes just minutes to get right the first time
- In just a few steps, adjust the program settings to suit individual’s needs
- A mode for every need: manual, automatic and frost protection
- Comfort temperature can be changed easily at any time
Smarter control of your energy costs
- Adaptive learning function sets off the temperature required at the good time
- No waste of energy, heating only when required
- Perfect control enables saving on energy bills
3iE Programmable Thermostat
Features & Benefits - 3iE Programmable Thermostat
- first touch-thermostat with a 2” full-colour screen
- first thermostat with Active Energy Management™
- easy-to-use user interface - no instructions required
- works with any Warmup underfloor heating system
- graphical display of your program makes adjustment quick and easy
- choose the display type that suits you best; wide choice of screen themes
- automatically adjusts to changing conditions in your room, your home and even the seasons, to give optimal start-up times - no wasted energy (self-learning Proportional Adaptive Function)
- exclusive - Active Energy Management™ can save you up to 10% or more on your energy bill
- real-time graphical display shows you exactly how much energy you are using and when
- thermostat actively prompts you to choose the best and most efficient temperature for your room for maximum savings
- super-accurate floor temperature control reduces the costs associated with over and under-heating (no wasted energy)
For full instructions, and how to combine Warmup dual overlay and insulated underlay for installing under resilient floors such as carpet, vinyl and linoleum please refer to the installation manuals.
Before installing, draw an installation plan showing the placement of the mats, floor sensor, and junction box or boxes. The Warmup Foil heating system should cover at least 80-90% of the floor area of your room to be used as a primary heat source.
Clean all debris from the floor base and place the insulation pads or boards as per the manufacturer’s instructions. And then clean all debris from the surface of the insulating material.
Roll out the Foil Heating panels on top of the insulating material. Ensure that each heating panel is completely flat. Make sure that the cold leads are on the side of the panel that is closest to the location of the electrical junction box.
Stretch the Foil heating panels and secure them to the floor with the aluminium tape. Where required, additional duct tape can be used. Tape the sensor down with masking or box tape, positioning it in-between element wires of the foil system. Run the sensor cable off the heater and back to the thermostat in the same channel as the power supply cables.
Measure the resistance of the foil heating system and record the value. Verify that the values you measure are in line with the resistance values that are printed on the installation manual.
Switch off the Foil heater and disconnect the thermostat from the supply when fitting the flooring.
We are an approved Warmup e.Commerce Partner so have the full backup of Warmup and are able to offer the appropriate warranties