Running Cost Information
How much will it cost to heat my room?
Running costs will always depend on the room size and the running time, as well as how well the room is insulated. To get an accurate idea of typical running costs, see the table and notes below:
Daily cost (in pence) of running a
Warmup® Heating System as sole-source heating:
Heated area in square metres
Save money by insulating properly and reducing heat-up times:
During the heat-up period, as the floor reaches its set temperature, the heater is running at full power. After this period, the heater needs to run at only half-power to maintain the set temperature. Simply put, the faster the floor heats-up, the cheaper the system is to run.
By properly insulating your floor with Warmup® Insulation Board, you can reduce the heat-up period significantly thereby reducing running costs by as much as 50%.
Accuracy of running costs:
Warmup tested its heaters, running under normal operating conditions, in a special room built to EN442-2 specifications. The data collected from this extensive testing allows to state with certainty, exactly what our operating costs are.
Please note that these tests were performed using Warmup® heaters and that this data is accurate for Warmup® heaters only.
Assumptions and variables:
To calculate accurate running costs, we have made the following reasonable assumptions:
1. Installation is in a house built to current Part L regulations
2. Heaters used: 150W/m² mats, under 8-10mm ceramic tile on 10mm Warmup® Insulation Board
3. The temperature difference between "on" and "standby" is 5°C (eg. 16°C when on "standby", 21°C when "on")
4. The floor coverage is consistent to property size (eg. 5m² of heating for a 5m² room)
5. The heat-up time is included within the hours ON
6. The heating is controlled by Warmup® XSTAT
7. Price per kWh is 8p (average UK electricity price at time of printing)
You have a choice of two different types of thermostat they are: